About Cyber Safe Kids
Cyber Safe Kids was founded in 2006, a global organization that assists government, industry, media, educators, schools and parent communities to understand the challenges of living and working in the digital world.
Cyber Safe Kids is the first organization to become a Global Educational Partner with Common Sense Media, a non-profit organization from the US who has developed resources around digital citizenship and literacies.
The resources focus on:
- Internet Safety
- Digital Footprint and Reputation
- Privacy and Security
- Self-image and Identity
- Relationships and Communication
- Information Literacy
- Cyber bullying
- Creative Credit and Copyright
In an exciting new development in February 2014 Apple announced its collaboration with Common Sense Media and now offers the Digital Literacy and Citizenship Classroom Curriculum resources as iBooks.
Symantec, as a foundation partner of Common Sense Media, already provides ongoing support for the expansion of the Common Sense Media digital literacy and citizenship in schools across the United States and the creation of new educational materials on piracy and copyright issues. Robyn was a member of the International Advisory Group to Symantec Norton in the development of their Online Family software, which aims to meet the needs of parents globally in relation to the safety of their children’s online behavior.
In 2013 Cyber Safe Kids and Common Sense Media entered into a collaboration with Symantec and the Victorian Department of Education and Early Childhood Development to develop the project Growing Up Digital.
The Growing Up Digital initiative provides ongoing and accessible resources to Australian schools, cross- curricula lesson plans for years Kinder – 12 and interactive modules for students, parents and training for teachers.
Robyn Treyvaud is an educational leader with over 40 years experience in schools in Australia and has worked in Asia as an International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years Program (PYP) workshop leader. She is an internationally recognized expert in online safety and digital citizenship.
Robyn has liaised with Common Sense Media for the past five years. She is an accredited trainer who works with the national curricula of Australia, New Zealand and the IB Primary Years Program.
- Haileybury College, Melbourne: Growing Up Digital Project Manager
- Ruyton Girls’ School, Melbourne: Digital Learning Consultant
- Australia and New Zealand: Growing Up Digital Project Manager (sponsored by Symantec and Department of Education and Early Childhood Development [DEECD] with partner Common Sense Media
- Telstra: developed digital resources for Telstra Countrywide Wide, Digital Ambassadors to use for children, teens and parents.
- Department of Education and Early Childhood Development (DEECD): writer Bully Stoppers site; Working with Parents presentation; Adapting Incident Response Tool to meet government and legal guidelines.
- Privacy Victoria and Australian Communications and Media Authority: Digital Consultant
- Australia and Asia: Consultant for parent education and professional learning programs.
- International keynote speaker
- Writer: Platform for Good
- Speaker Family Online Safety Institute conference June 2013: leading content contributor to the Australian Communications and Media Authority’s CyberSmart website
- Presenter of TED talk: Navigating Cyberia with a Moral Compass